The Masters Track
"There they talk about leadership. Here we do it." Emerging (High School) Leader
a one year mentor/training experience for leaders who want to infuse Transformational Discipleship into their youth ministry.
Through the Masters Track mentor/training program, leaders establish a discipleship-rich environment for youth growing up in their program. The Masters Track prepares leaders to:
Animate (bring to life) adolescent leadership capacity.
Ignite youth’s internal motivations to fulfil their God-given potential and purpose.
Place the transforming of young minds and growing-through-leading at the center of their urban ministry activity.
A powerful Learning Experience
Designed for You. Every ministry context is different; each has its own set of challenges and needs. The Masters Track is designed with you and your ministry in mind. No matter your starting point - large or small, single or multi-staffed, church or para-church - Masters Track designs a course of development tailored to meet your ministry needs.
Live Coaching. Masters Track provides, over the course of a ministry year, a professional and experienced coach who walks with you through the ministry-building process and whose only purpose is to help you win.
Blended Online/Onsite Delivery.
- Online Group: Each leader joins a cohort of local ministry leaders that meet for regular training/coaching sessions. This virtual classroom learning provides opportunities for peer interaction and group support.
- Online Leader: Each leader meets with Dr. Travis for one-on-one leadership mentoring and support.
- Onsite Observation: Dr. Travis observes leaders in action, offering team encouragement and support.
- Onsite Cohort Training: Dr. Travis leads site trainings for local ministry leaders.
- Participants must be responsible for leading a youth ministry that serves youth in an under-resourced community (the residential poor).
- Able to commit 3 hours per week to training and mentoring.
- Long-term commitment to youth development.
- Commitment to grow in leadership qualities essential for transformational leadership:
- Servant’s heart.
- Personal discipleship.
- Love for youth.
5. Willingness to infuse four core activities into their youth program:
- A high school-aged weekly club gathering during the school year, from which the leader selects:
- A high school-aged Emerging Leaders team, who will be responsible for leading:
- A weekly children’s club (third through fifth graders), the participants of which become the core kids for:
- A three-to-five week children’s summer day camp that the Emerging Leaders will design and lead.